Beth & More Than Oregano
Hi, I’m Beth, the dreamer/doer/photographer behind More Than Oregano. Many years ago I stumbled into a garden and found a beauty & exuberance begging to be shared. Since then, I’ve trekked through gardens of all sizes, discovering each garden is different, each season new, and each small space is filled with its own large moment.
I love sharing those large-moment stories through More Than Oregano. Here, you’ll find colorful, emotive-filled imagery alongside experiences that will make you laugh, cry, jump-for-joy, and encourage you to keep living big in your own small space.
Many of my images are now available for purchase through the More Than Oregano on-line gallery. I’m also available for commissioned work and love the process of helping individuals and business clients create the perfect image for their home, office, website or publication. In case you’re wondering, I shoot a Canon 5d Mark III with a variety of Canon L, Sigma Art, and Lensbaby lenses. In addition to gardens, I’m also drawn to images of travel (near & far) and food.
When I’m not taking photos or tending More Than Oregano, you’ll find me:
- Exhibiting my work in public venues.
- Exploring new ways to capture gorgeous light, texture and color into my images.
- Crafting, cooking, and decorating with natural ingredients (and most likely photographing it. 🙂 ).
- Tucking herbs, vegetables, and flower seeds into containers of all sizes.
- Dreaming of my next travel adventure.
I hold a BS in Communications and have spent many wonderful hours expressing my ideas in written stories, watercolor, fabric arts, mixed media, and photography, of course.
I’m a member of The Association for Garden Communicators (GWA), the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the Carver County Arts Consortium, and The Herb Society of America. I’m a National Garden Bureau PlantNerd Alumni (Veggie Trials 2015). My keyhole garden is featured in Raised Bed Revolution by Tara Nolan. I’ve contributed guest material for websites including Gardening Know How and Wayfair, have been featured on several podcasts, and am an invited Pinterest Pinner for Fiskar’s, Garden Blogger’s We Love board.
And just for fun here are a few random facts about me:
- I’m married to a wonderful Swedish-Dutch man… He still makes my heart go pitter-patter.
- We have three wonderful sons… We travel where they travel and beyond.
- I’m a city/suburbs girl now living in a smallish town. You know the story. You can take the girl out of the city, but not the city out of the girl. It’s true, but my smallish town offers an eclectic mix of arts, outdoors sports, and connection… It’s a good life.
- Cold-weather living is not my first choice, but I’ve learned to weather the weather with a smile… Sort of 🙂
- There’s a season for everything and I’m blessed to be in the season of sharing my artistic story. Art, especially that which comes from the heart, can change the world. I give all the glory to God and am humbled to share stories about His amazing creation.